March 5, 2008

Ask Anything Wednesday: Books I am Reading

Welcome to Ask Anything Wednesday. Now that this is a monthly feature, I wanted to begin with a question that I am regularly asked (actually, a friend asked me at church last Sunday!). In any case, please keep the questions rolling in! Just submit your question--on anything!--in the comments section below and I'll consider responding to it next month.

Question:
What books are you currently reading?

Answer:
As you can guess, I am always reading something! Currently, depending on when you catch me, you'll likely see my nose buried in one of the following:

1) Iain M. Duguid, Esther And Ruth (Reformed Expository Commentary)
2) Harold O.J. Brown, Heresies: Heresy and Orthodoxy in the History of the Church
3) Robert L. Millet and Gerald R. McDermott, Claiming Christ: A Mormon-Evangelical Debate
4) Thomas C. Oden, How Africa Shaped the Christian Mind: Recovering the African Seedbed of Western Christianity
5) Neil Postman, Amusing Ourselves to Death: Public Discourse in the Age of Show Business

Don't be surprised if some of these books wind up being reviewed on this blog soon!