February 6, 2008

Ask Anything Wednesday: Prayer for Upcoming Trip

Welcome to Ask Anything Wednesday. This week I am answering another great question. Please keep them rolling in! Just submit your question--on anything!--in the comments section below and I'll consider responding to it in our weekly feature.

Question:
How should we pray for your upcoming trip to Uganda?

Answer:
For those of you who may not know, our ministry is currently planning an upcoming preparatory mission trip to Uganda in April. Since this visit will likely be the last time my wife and I will be able to go before moving our family over there, there are many ways that you can pray:

1) Please pray for our planning. There is so much to work through and coordinate in traveling half way around the world. From working out our schedule to connecting with our contacts, we have a lot to get through in the next couple of months!

2) Please pray that the Lord will provide for our needs. We still need financial support for some of our expenses. At the same time, we thank God for His continued provision and for many of our brothers and sisters in Christ who have been very generous.

3) Please pray that we will be very productive during our brief stay. We have so many details to work out! Everything from our future living arrangements to the specifics of our ministry will need to be hammered out while we are in Uganda.

4) Please pray for my ministry opportunities. I always look forward to teaching and preaching the Word of God. While this may lead to a full calendar, I wouldn't have it any other way!

5) Please pray for God to be glorified. Obviously, this is the most important of all! We are not simply traveling to Uganda to keep ourselves busy serving God--we are serving Him for the advancement of His kingdom and for His glory!

I know that my wife and I are excited to see what our Lord will do through us on this upcoming trip. Thank you for your commitment to pray!