July 21, 2008

A Blessing from God

Divitos in Uganda
There are many ways that God has equipped me for my future ministry with the Africa Center for Apologetics Research. I was raised as a Mormon, knowing what it is like to be raised in a religion that preaches a different Jesus and a false gospel. I graduated from seminary, equipping me to defend our faith against error and corruption. I have a heart for missions, desiring God's gospel to reach all peoples to the ends of the earth.

Nevertheless, one of God's most important blessings is often overlooked. She is my wife. Next to Jesus Christ, my wife is God's greatest gift to me. Her patience, affirmation, and encouragement allow me to serve Christ in a way that I could never do without her. There would be no ACFAR without her.

It is not every woman that is willing to move her family half way around the world. But not only is my wife willing, I am secure in knowing that she will raise our children well and provide invaluable assistance for my ministry in Uganda. Our vision for East Africa is possible by God's grace and because of our extraordinary relationship.

This week, we are celebrating 11 wonderful years together. While we have had our share of trials and difficulties, our love for each other has only grown stronger. And after all of our years together, our commitment to glorify Jesus Christ has only increased. Above all, we desire to display the gospel through our marriage (Ephesians 5:22ff).

On our 11th anniversary, I pray that God will allow me to show her in some small way how much she means to me.